Sponsored by WUMB Radio in Boston, Massachusetts, SAMW offers an exuberant week of intensive instruction, jamming, workshops, concerts and musical collaboration with instructors attuned to the needs of each student. Class topics include Flatpicking and Fingerstyle Guitar, Fiddle, Dulcimer, Mandolin, Voice, Blues Styles, Performance, and Songwriting, as well as the opportunity to learn sound reinforcement skills. Community dancing is also a playful component of the program.
• Dock Road I-K & Cottages (3-person cabins): $1075 Member / $1150 Non-Member
• College Row, Dock Road A-F (2-person cabins): $1125 Member / $1200 Non-Member
• Inn 2nd Floor: $1150 Member / $1225 Non-Member
• Cabin Z, Tree Line Cabins, Inn Second Floor, double bed: $1175 Member / $1275 Non-Member
• A deposit of $400 for each session reserves your space. Space is limited and will be reserved in the order in which deposits are received.
• Payment balance is due by May 1, 2022.
Failure to pay the balance by the due date will result in a canceled reservation and a $300 processing fee.
Minimum age for enrollment is 18. No exceptions.
• Cancellation by May 1, 2022: full refund minus a $300 processing fee.
• Cancellation by June 10, 2022: full refund minus a $350 processing fee.
• Cancellation by June 24, 2022: full refund minus a $400 processing fee.
• Cancellation after June 24, 2022: all payments non-refundable.
Weather and Environment
This part of New Hampshire can be warm in summer months, but if it rains, it can be kind of cool. Also note that the camp is located in the woods next to a lake, and you need to be vigilant to be careful of your surroundings especially with regards to uneven terrain, bugs, ticks and other critters.
To be prepared for all the activities and weather, here are some suggestions on what to bring with you:
• Linens and towels are provided. A coin-operated laundry is available at the Center.
• A small fan with extension cord.
• Sweatshirt/Jacket/Rain Gear/Poncho for cool evenings or rainy days.
• Swimming apparel and towel.
• Bug spray.
• Tennis Racquet.
• Your own snack food and any special dietary meals.
• A well labeled mug for water or coffee.
• An extra blanket or sleeping bag.
• Please DO NOT bring hairdryers, curling irons, coffee machines or other heat-producing appliances.
The SAMW store stocks music accessories, instructors CDs and cassettes, sweatshirts, mugs, t-shirts, and an assortment of music related items. Please see the schedule for store hours.
Our host site, the Geneva Point Center, operates a small store on the grounds offering many necessities and great ice cream!
The Geneva Point Center is located approximately 3 miles from a general store. In addition, Center Harbor is just 6 miles from the camp and Moultonboro is close by as well.
The Geneva Point Emergency Phone number is 603-253-4366. During off hours there is a beeper number on the answering machine for absolute emergencies.